I’m a husband and a father of two and the part owner of a small consulting business. My son is a junior at Newton South High School, and my daughter is in 6th grade at Brown Middle School.
I’ve served in a variety of volunteer roles in the City, including:
- Served on the Newton Economic Development Commission since 2010 (Chair x2, Vice-Chair x3)
- Newton Urban Tree Commission
- School Council at Newton South High School (current Co-Chair)
- Helped run the efforts to establish the Waban Neighborhood Area Council
- Former member of the board of Newton League of Women Voters, where I ran the Municipal Finance Committee and was one of the people who organized and ran the League’s regular Topic Meetings
I also have a great deal of experience volunteering throughout Newton, building playgrounds, planting trees, leading beautification and gardening projects, and working to preserve and enhance what we love about this City.
My diverse career – spanning time in small firms as well as 11 years with Ernst & Young – have helped me develop the skills to identify and find solutions to a wide variety of complex problems. I know how to bring people together, understand each other’s goals and work collaboratively to develop better answers. I have very strong skills in financial analysis, planning, zoning, and community engagement – skills that we need in Newton government, now!
Currently, I am the co-owner and North American head of Investment Consulting Associates – a location and economic development consulting firm. In all, I have over 20 years of experience in a career I have enjoyed greatly. I have worked with some incredible people and companies around the globe. I have also had the chance to help communities meet their own goals for greater opportunity and improved quality of life. This has included cleaning up industrial areas and helping re-engage local residential communities in Roanoke, VA and Geneva, NY; creating increased career opportunities in Calais, ME; and helping to diversify Elkhart, Indiana’s economy.
I stay grounded by playing guitar (on my own for my independent recording project, but also with Newton Family Singers), running and biking around the City, building things along with my daughter, and working with hammers, drills, wrenches, and other such toys.
- Received Bachelor’s degree from Rutgers and Master of Regional Planning from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Worked for over 11 years at Ernst & Young, eventually heading the Location Advisory Services practice in the US
- Taught real estate development and public policy at both the Boston and Dartmouth campuses of UMass
- Studied psychology before finding land use planning, and even worked as a teaching aide in a school for emotionally disturbed adolescents in central New Jersey while completing undergraduate education
- Serve on the board of director of MassEcon, the public-private partnership that coordinates Commonwealth’s business attraction efforts
These interests and experience have given me the background and values that will serve Newton well.
You can find out more about my professional background by viewing my LinkedIn profile here.
simply like viagra commercial versions are very well-known and folk buy it of them. This can be explained just. It is a proven and cunning looks. That’s all that it offers and why choose it.